And it it was soon to be turned into a 3 tier Birthday Cake as requested/designed by my Fiance but the rest felt so elaborate, I feared it would alienate most who were just looking for just a simple recipe.
Layer 3: Cheesecake Topping (Stood alongside my healthy Slimming World Oreo Cheesecake).
- 200g milk choc
- 100g butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g digestive biscuits
- 25g hobnobs
- 135g MaltesersTopping:
- 200g milk hoc
- 25g butter
- 1 tsp butter
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Line a 20 or similar tin (I chose a round cake tin)
- Melt the choc, butter & syrup in a microwave (stir every 10-20 seconds until melted
- Bash the biscuits & 35g of maltesers in a bowl or food bag with rolling pin until you get crumbs.
- Add the remaining whole maltesers to the crumbs and then combine with the melted chocolate until everything is coated and pour into the lined tin and press firmly
- Now melt all the topping in the microwave but keep a more watchful eye. The consistency will be thicker
- Now smooth over the based with the back of a spoon in firm strokes – try no to directly press down as it will suck up the base.
- Place in fridge overnight or until firm.