Please note this is no longer a Soup Maker-Friendly soup.
I have had reports that a lot of people’s beans were caramelising at the bottom of their soup maker. I must have been lucky on the day of filming.
If you are an unlucky one, then soak the burnt area with a cup of washing powder and some 500ml water and leave overnight. the enzymes in the washing powder should break it up and come off like scum the following morning.
UPDATE 7/3/17 – Soup Maker Friendly Version (Not in the video)
To make this syn free and soup maker friendly version, I have since created this one if you want to give it a whirl! I personally prefer ginger instead of pickled onion to give it that Heinz tang.
- 80g dried haricot beans, soaked overnight *(Found in Morissons) or 1 tin of drained haricot beans but opt for around 300ml of water if you use tinned.
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 fresh carrots peeled & sliced (or 1 tin, drained)
- 600ml water
- 2 stock cubes of your choice
- 2cm fresh ginger, peeled & chopped or grated (or a few pickled onions)
- Soak your dried haricot beans overnight, rinse, then drain and pop in the soup maker along with everything else.
- Cook on smooth and serve!
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?