This week I completed filming my 7 Day Slimming World Soup Challenge, shabby-chiced two vintage projects for 2nd Youtube channel and had the builders in for 2 days.
I’ve truly needed the rest, so I sauted a lot of herbs, spices, vegetables (in case they turned), 5% fat pork mince, chorizo, added a tin of beans for a Slimming Word speed-type meal and created a colcannon mash topping with a little cheese. It was truly a delight I had been waiting for!
The great news is that it serves 4 and only being two of us means less cooking on Sunday too!
- 500g lean 5% fat pork mince
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 yellow pepper (chopped)
- 2 celery sticks (chopped)
- 2 small onions (chopped)
- Bay leaf
- 1 large courgette (Grated)
- A handful of mint leaves
- 400g tinned beans
- 2 tinned bean-canfuls of water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- A handful of diced chorizo (count syns)
- Chilli flakes
For the topping:
- 3 medium potatoes (skins on)
- Half a medium suede
- Handful of mint leave (finely chopped)
- 25g flora light (count syns)
- Sprinkle of lighter mature cheese (count syns)
- A cup of chopped cabbage
- Half a bag of curly kale
- Fry the mince meat and pour in slow cooker.
- Add the grated courgette.
- Sauté all of the veg for the base and add to slow cooker, along with all the other ingredients and season.
- Set on high and leave to cook for 6 hours (until thickened).
- Pour into a large rectangular baking dish.
- Then boil the veg for the mash until tender (with lid on), then add the cabbage & kale for another 10 minutes.
- Mash the topping and add the flora light spread and seasoning.
- Spread the mash on the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheese and put in oven for 20 minutes on gas mark 6.I hope you enjoy!
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?