Here is a deliciously naughty recipe which I adapted today in Slimming World fashion. It was inspired by 2 different recipes, the first being Nigella Lawson’s version, which to me, is usually guaranteed a success and the 2nd, my normal go-to bbcgoodfood version which I have had on numerous occasions, but is quite ‘safe’ and fancied spicing it up for a change.
So you could call it an amalgamation – it is so deliciously cream, thick and more importantly, filling. I’m not a big fan of thin, watery soups – only if the weather is hot.
And talking about weather, today I decided to film in our almost complete conservatory. In fact, I forgot how inspirational a little bit of light can be, so today I filmed the recipe part of the youtube video in there which I believe may well be my part time studio and office. Already it’s such a pleasure that I wanted to wear my new maxi dress.
So, as for the recipe – as normal, this is a perfect match for a Morphy Richard’s Soup Maker and will fill up to the maximum line at 1600ml.
The recipe will serve 4 large servings and quite likely 8 small starters.
- 450g broccoli florets (mine was from 2 broccoli heads)
- 10 blue cheese light laughing cow triangles
- 100g chopped onion
- 100g sliced leek
- 1 celery stick (mine was 30g)
- 200g diced peeled potato
- 700g water
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional for a slight chilli kick)
- Fry light
- Firstly sauté the onions on low until soft in a pan that you can pop a lid on for stage 2.
- Now add all of the veg, spices and seasoning, some more fry light and pop the lid on – continue cooking for 10 minutes, shaking occasionally
- Now add all of the ingredients (except the cheese triangles) and simmer until everything is cook, or add all to the soup maker and set on smooth.
- Once everything is tender, add the triangles in and blend. Note, if you want to try and save on syns, halve the cheese quantity and blend and taste as you go along – you may find you don’t need the extra syns.
And as always, don’t forget to tag me on instagram if you do make my version – I am #tastefullyvikkie or on twitter as @V_B_Boutique
And if you haven’t heard of my 7 Day Soup Challenge, it starts March 2nd 2015. For more info on the challenge, then my YouTube Intro video explains it all here. Good luck if you do it – I lose 3.5lbs!
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?