Yesterday I wrote down a few personal goals with pen and paper. Later it dawned on me that I could just type them in to my blog and save as a draft and once finalised, I shall hit that publish button. This is definitely the way forward.
I have already started typing away my Top 10 March Healthy Products Favourites and will keep adding to the list like a diary – although I am a notepad & pen kind of girl – but as of late, these lists have been going missing as we start renovating from room to room.
I know this is slightly late in terms of a list of new year’s resolutions but it’s never to late to want to improve your mind and body. Although I am a target member, I still want my body to function on an optimum level.
Here is my current list of goals. I am sure I will add new things to it as time goes on but cannot wait to reflect back and say “I did that” and feel achievement. Perhaps you may want to do something similar or comment below on what yours?
My 2015 Goals
1. Drink more caffeine-free drinks such as tea to help reach my suggested daily water intake.
2. Replace white carbohydrates which are stripped of nutrition and cook with brown alternatives, such as rice, pasta, potatoes and experiment with healthy flours.
3. Do an exercise routine each morning and run at least once a week – once graduated from the NHS Couch to 5k programme, consider starting the 5k to 10k programme or maintain a 30 minute run up to 3 times a week.
4. Swap dairy milks for plant milks where possible for extra vitamins and nutrition.
5. Buy less processed and red meats.
6. Log absolutely everything I eat on to Myfitnesspal app to help analyse my intake, even if some days may feel written off, which is linked to my fitbit flex activity tracker so I can maintain my weight.
7. Introduce smoothies with raw veg, nuts and seeds for extra protein boosting snacks.
8. Hold back the seeds of my favourite seeded vegetables and grow them in my garden this year for more nutritious organic meals.
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?