I love how almost fat free/syn free lasagne tastes a million times better than pretty much all store bought ones available. It’s a little quicker to make and makes 4 very filling portions.
I always make this every month, typically on a weekend for a lazy two days and it’s always a winner.
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves
500g 5% fat mince meat
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
2tbsp dried basil
100g mushrooms sliced
50ml skimmed milk
1tsp mustard powder
100g natural yoghurt
Pinch of nutmeg
Top with 40g grated lower fat cheese before putting in oven
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
1. Preheat oven on gas mark 4
2. Saute the onion and garlic in frylight until softened.
3. Add the beef and fry until cooked through.
4. Add all of the other ingredients and simmer for 20-20 minutes.
5. Mix all the white sauce ingredients.
6. Now spoon a 3rd of the meat mixture in to a 30cm x 20cm oven dish, then add one layer of lasagne.
7. Now spoon a quarter of white sauce, then continue the steps again until everything is used up.
8. Top with 40g of grated cheese and bake for 45 minutes.