Simple, healthy, delicious and quick… my four favourite words when they team together in a recipe and carbonara tick all boxes with these categories. But if you’re following a Slimming World plan, then to make sure you’re fuller for longer, I really recommend bulking it up with loads of veg and trying to opt for whole wheat dried spaghetti. And of course, if you’re not a fish fan (but chances you are if you’re reading) then just swap it for bacon.
Don’t forget you don’t have to use the same veg either. I used courgettes as I have harvested them recently and some mushrooms I found cheap that need using up.
80g dried spaghetti
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tbsp fat free yoghurt or similar
20g lower fat grated cheese and extra for sprinkling on top (part of your Healthy Extra)
100g grilled salmon without the skin, broken up
170g courgettes, diced
100g mushrooms, sliced
Freshly chopped chives
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Boil your spaghetti in a pan until al dente.
- Meanwhile, saute the diced veg and garlic in a frying pan using the frylight.
- Then in a mixing bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (except a little bit of cheese and chives).
- Once the past and veg is cooked, turn off the heat, drain the pasta and stir in to the pan with the veg.
- Now stir in the egg mixture (do not fry as the egg will set in the hot food).
- Serve with chives and an extra sprinkling of cheese)
Now my lunch break is cover, I hear work calling me 🙁
How do you make your Carbonara?
Tastefully Vikkie x