This Sunday morning as usual, my fiance asked if I could look for some hashbrowns to go with our low syn fry-up from the local Coop or Spar while out on my dog walk with Hans. Unfortunately neither stocked them and I’d not long seen a Slimming World onion bhaji recipe on a Facebook group, so thought I’d change it to suit us.
I’d like to practice a bit more with this type with courgette fritters etc, so except to see some similar ones soon and thought my Linea 6 muffin tin would be extremely useful.
So here’s the recipe if you want to try it!
Syn Free Slimming World Hash Browns – Makes 6
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 1 small potato peeled & finely grated
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp instant mash (or use a bigger potato instead)
- Preheat the oven on gas mark 6 and spray a 6 muffin tin with frylight.
- Spray a frying pan with frylight and gently fry the onions until softened.
- Transfer the onions to a mixing bowl, add the grated potato, seasoning, instant mash and egg and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture equally in each muffin hole (roughly a heaped tbsp each) and flatten.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes, then transfer to the frying pan and fry each side for 2 minutes to give it some crisp.
- And finally, if you have time, then please tag me on Instagram @TastefullyVikkie because I lurve seeing your foodie pictures!
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
Why not pin the Hash Browns recipe on Pinterest and save for later?