“Diet? What diet?”
That’s right folks, it’s about time I shared this KFC style easy recipe. When I first made this a couple of years ago, it was a wakening on how easy this recipe really is with some old bread and to be honest, whatever herbs and spices you want to use. Even their more recent launch of KFC rice boxes may make you put your purse back in your bag and make something similar at home (or at least the pulled chicken anyway). But, alas, it’s nice to have the options while you’re on the road if you want to stick to plan.
Note this recipe is syn free if using the wholemeal bread as part of your healthy extra.
Recipe – Serves 2 large portions or 4 smaller ones
500g diced chicken
4 wholemeal slices from a small Hovis loaf (healthy extra)
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 tsp mustard powder
Salt & pepper
1/2 tsp ground curry (optional)
1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
1/2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Preheat your oven on gas mark 5 and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Whiz the bread and all the herbs and spices in a food processor to fine breadcrumbs
- Now pour the breadcrumbs in a bowl and in a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork
- Then dip each piece of chicken in the eggs to give them a coating, then dip each one in to the crumbs and place on the baking tray.
- Once everything is coated, place in the oven for 30 minutes, turning half way and serve with chips and beans or whatever you wish!
Done. I’m glad I finally shared that with you. Don’t forget, if you don’t have these ingredients, just experiment with the ones you do have which is what I do every time I make them.
Eating healthy really doesn’t mean you have to suffer and this recipe really is proof of that!
And if this your thing, why not subscribe to my YouTube channel to watch me make similar recipes or you can find everything I film and much more on this blog right here!
Tastefully Vikkie x