I’ve been meaning to Paella for quite some time and while our half done kitchen is yet again in complete chaos with the builders in, I wanted something that only used one pan. However, what I didn’t realise is that I ideally needed paella rice but if you don’t either, then fear no more, there’s a recipe here for you using basmati instead. Side Note: Different rices have different cooking times and water needed.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded & diced
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 700ml boiling water
- 160g basmati rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- lemon juice
- Spray a large, deep non-stick pan with frylight and brown off the diced chicken over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and lower the heat to a medium to low to soften the onions, stirring here and there
- Now add the pepper, tomato puree, spices and seasoning, giving everything a good coating and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the water and pop in the bay leaf, add the rice and simmer and stir frequently around 20 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 tsp of lemon juice and serve.
If you like this kind of dish but need something you don’t want to watch over, then why not give my Slow Cooker Syn Sree Creamy Chicken & Leek Risotto a try; it’s been very popular on Facebook groups and truly is yummy! And don’t forget, you’re more than welcome to sign up to my free email subscription here to find out when my next recipe us up!
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?