Slap my wrists again, it’s that time of year where I show you the makings of my fiance’s yearly request: a http://www.geologging.com/?safermin=%D9%83%D9%85%D9%86-%D9%88%D8%B5%D9%84-%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%B9-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%87%D9%85-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%81%D9%8A%D9%81%D8%A7&0f9=7d birthday show stopping cake; or at least try to be. And let me tell you, he will always say it’s his invention while I do the hard work of trying. I’ll let him off, it’s his birthday after all.
But it won’t take a genius to realise why I don’t declare myself as the greatest cake decorator ( http://www.cottages-with-a-view.co.uk/?klipsu=%D8%AB%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A6%D9%8A-%D8%AE%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%84-%D9%85%D9%86%D8%AE%D9%81%D8%B6%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D8%AF%D9%86%D9%89-%D9%84%D9%84%D8%A5%D9%8A%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%B9 see here). I don’t do fancy trimmings; I’d rather watch someone’s work in awe than painstakingly slave over aesthetics. In fact, I tend to avoid most baking full stop because what happens to it? We eat it all between just two of us and I think better that than let good food go to waste.
But one absolute favourite in our house is the no-bake http://craigpauldesign.co.uk/?izi=%D9%85%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%88%D8%B9-%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%B9-%D9%88%D8%B4%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B0%D9%87%D8%A8&d78=4d مشروع بيع وشراء الذهب Chocolate Malteser Tiffin which is making its 2nd appearance here. (Click here for the لها آخر بلوق original YouTube video version). It is that lush but is اكتشف المزيد only for special occasions (which we’ve accidentally kept for ourselves before) and sadly it’s packed with naughty butter and sugar. I have this year that a bag of http://gawlerhealthfoundation.org.au/?kolobok=%D8%B7%D8%B1%D9%82-%D8%AC%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%AF%D8%A9-%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%AD-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%84&426=e8 Maltesers has since shrunk in size. Did you know that? Bummer. This meant I needed to buy two bags but you could always use more biscuits instead to get the same weight.
I’ve also unintentionally changed the recipe because I didn’t have enough syrup and this year’s specific instruction was to only use Galaxy chocolate. The other half thinks it wins over Cadbury’s any day.
Note there will be three parts to this “show stopper” birthday cake in total, so I’ll surprise you with the rest later, but I have my concerns whether it will look pretty. Challenge accepted!
So here’s the tiffin we recommend (only for one offs, ok?)
يحتوى Note http://dutchuncles.co.uk/?pinicilin=%D9%81%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%B3-%D8%AA%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%84&5f9=58 مزيد من المساعدة I haven’t used the extra chocolate topping this year because I wanted it to be easier to cut through as the base of a bigger cake.
- متى يرتفع سعر اسهم الذهب 250g milk chocolate, broken up
- خذ رابط 100g diced butter
- http://chrisdrake.net/?kilko=%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AE%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AB%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%88%D8%B3%D8%B7%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%88%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AA%D8%AD%D8%AF%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D9%85%D8%B1%D9%8A%D9%83%D9%8A%D8%A9-2017&85a=ba 2 tbsp honey (normally golden syrup for a much sweeter taste)
- إشارة ويكيبيديا 125g digestive biscuits
- ثنائي خيارات نهاية استراتيجية اليوم 135g maltesers
- العثور على مزيد من المعلومات 80g maltesers (kept whole & hold back)
- الموقع هنا 50g raisins
- http://rtcc.co.uk/?arimenes=%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AE%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AB%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%85%D9%86%D8%B5%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%84-%D8%AA%D8%AC%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A8%D9%8A&4de=35 200g milk chocolate
- 25g butter
- 1 tsp of honey or syrup
- First things first, you need to butter and line a baking tray with baking parchment. A 20cm square tin or 9″ round cake tin is perfect.
- Now whiz the digestive biscuits and 135g of maltesers in a food processor until you have fine breadcrumbs. If you don’t have one, then place in a large bowl or food bag and bash with a rolling pin and transfer to a large mixing bowl. (Some chunks are fine so don’t worry too much).
- Now stir in the raisins and the whole maltesers you held back. (Feel free to be creative here; you could add some marshmallows, soft nuts like walnuts or whatever you sweet treats you like).
- Now to make the base: Chuck the chocolate, butter and honey in to microwaveable bowl and microwave every 15 seconds, stirring in between until everything is smooth and melted.
- Then pour in to the biscuit crumbs and mix well until everything is coated and transfer to your lined tin, smoothing over with the back of a spoon.
- Leave in the fridge to set overnight or a minimum of 3 hours.
- Once it has hardened, you need to make the topping by placing the remaining ingredients in a microwaveable bowl and repeat step 4. NOTE: when melting, it will be a much thicker pliable consistency. Don’t panic, it gives a much better finish.
- Now place on top of tiffin base and smooth over once again and leave to set and cut in to bite size pieces.
I am truly sorry if this has mal-teased you, but like I said it’s once a year and that’s it. Now I have to think of a way on how to get the tempting leftovers out of my sight!
I will keep you posted when I have done the next stage of the Birthday Cake Show Stopper. I hope it looks pretty.
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?