Since yesterday’s syn free Dauphinoise was so popular which left me with half a tub of fat free natural yoghurt going spare, it made perfect sense to make a Frittata and rummage through the scraggly bits hanging around in my fridge. I still had a few unused bits from my 3 Recipes with Blue Dragon so wanted a clean slate before I had to chuck them.
That’s the beauty of this syn free recipe; if you don’t have mushrooms, maybe you have some green beans or courgettes instead? I’m sure you get the jist. And as I always say, healthy eating should be part of every day life; not a bind where you need to buy one off ingredients all the time and may create something that’s never been made before.
RECIPE – SERVES 4
- 6 to 9 grilled rashers of bacon medallions (fat removed), sliced in to 1cm strips
- 1 red onion, halved & sliced
- 3 small shallots (or very small regular onions), peeled & thinly sliced
- 120g mushrooms, sliced
- Half a green pepper, deseeded & diced
- 3 eggs
- 250g fat free natural yoghurt
- A handful of fresh thyme sprigs, stalks removed or 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 120g lower fat cheddar cheese, grated (*Part of Healthy Extra when serving 4)
- Salt & pepper
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Preheat your oven on 180 degrees and spray a large oven-proof frying pan with frylight (I had an oven-proof wok, but normally I would use a regular frying a pan and have a quiche dish at hand which I’ve misplaced while renovating).
- Add the onions, mushrooms, pepper and grilled and sliced bacon and fry until the onions have softened.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and turn off the heat.
- Then in a large bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the onion mixture and stir.
- Top with more sprigs of fresh thyme for decoration and pop in the middle of the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with syn free chips or baked potato and beans and don’t forget to tag me in a pic on Instagram (#TastefullyVikkie) – that’s my favourite part of my recipes 🙂
Tastefully Vikkie x