Mondays are never quiet for me. It’s always a rush around to fill customer’s weekend orders, do the boring paperpwork but after having to additionally report my broken HP printer by phone (luckily under warranty), that was 40 minutes I wasn’t getting back. But despite yesterday’s later than expected food prep, dinner actually cooked in perfect time. This is a two hour high heat Slow Cooker recipe with minimal effort (for two also); if you’re serving 4 just double everything. You won’t need to make gravy either as it creates its own lush gravied sauce; the dog lapped it up too!
- 2 rump steaks, fat removed
- 2 large onions, halved & sliced
- 2 green peppers, deseeded, quartered & sliced
- 1 oxo cube
- Note: I did not add water as they seeped out of the onions & peppers
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Spray your Slow Cooker with frylight and chuck everything in except the OXO. Note: you can sear the steak first; I didn’t so the flavour of the steak seeped in to the gravy (worth it) but the steak will lose a bit of flavour.
- Leave the Slow Cooker on high heat for 2 to 2 & 1/2 hours with the lid on of course, then add the OXO cube and stir.
- Season again if you wish and serve. We ate ours with cubed & airfried baby potatoes
- And once you’ve plated up, don’t forget I really look forward to being tagged in your Instagram foodie pics 🙂 (#TastefullyVikkie)
Tastefully Vikkie x