When you’re cooking fruit, it’s synned so I tend to avoid it completely; but after picking up a huge bag of cooking apples for a bargain pound at a farm campsite in Norfolk last weekend, I thought stuff it, I want a crumble! What are your thoughts? Do you tun a blind eye to its syn value? Well, if you generally avoid eating cooked fruit, I hope this recipe helps you. It has an oaty granola style topping and this alone is enough to take away and play with it at your heart’s content.
So here it is: a 3.5 syn per person healthy number using half of your healthy extra b if on an EE plan; (perhaps you can use the other on a slice of wholemeal toast?
Recipe – Serves 6
- 600g cooking apples, peeled, cored & chopped (450g prepared weight)
- 2 tsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 105g rolled porridge oats (using half your healthy extra b if split between 6 people)
- 50g low fat margarine
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Preheat your oven on 190 degrees.
- Spray 6 ramekin or similar dishes with frylight (trust me, it’s easier to portion this way).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the apples, cinnamon, orange juice, half the sweetener and spoon evenly in to the dishes.
- In a small saucepan, melt the low fat margarine and stir in the oats and remaining sweetener.
- Spoon the oats on top of the apple mixture and place on a roasting dish in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a syn free yoghurt and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram #TastefullyVikkie to show me how you ate yours!
Tastefully Vikkie x