I think Gnocchi should come with a warning. They’re addictive on Slimming World and a great little low syn dumpling when held up to the real thing. They slip down soothingly like proper comfort food and have been cooking them every which way since using them in my Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumpling Stew recipe the other week.
So here’s another offering that’s been requested since sharing it on Instagram and it’s 3 syns each if serving 4 because of the gnocchi and chorizo when feeding four, or 4 each if eating between two.
- 2 chicken breasts, left whole
- 400g gnocchi (8 syns in total)
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 fat cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded & diced
- 2 onions, halved and sliced
- 40g chorizo, diced (optional = total of 4 syns if using)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp marjoram
- 50g quark (fat free creamy cheese)
- Salt & Pepper
- 20g lower fat cheese (per person) (Half of Each Person’s Healthy Extra)
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Preheat your oven on 190 degrees and spray a large roasting dish with frylight.
- Transfer everything in to the dish, except the quark and cheese and cover with tin foil.
- Place in the middle of the oven for 40 minutes.
- Now remove the foil, slice up the chicken and stir in the gnocchi dumplings.
- Return to the oven without the foil for a further 40 minutes and finally stir in the quark.
- Serve in to bowls, sprinkle each one with low fat cheese and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram #TastefullyVikkie as I love seeing your meals!
Tastefully Vikkie x