This recipe was truly delicious and had to share. It’s incredibly simple and made on a whim using my Denby Casserole cast iron pot. You can either keep simmering it on the hob, or opt for a more stress-free option like me and pop it in the oven for an hour.
Recipe – Serves 2-4
- 4 x Pork chops or steaks, all fat removed (approx 700g)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded & chopped
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 400ml water
- 2 beef oxo cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- Snipped chives to garnish
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees.
- Spray a large cast iron dish with frylight and sear the meats on each side for 3 minutes.
- Now add all the vegetables and continue to fry until the onions have softened.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the chives and pop in the oven for 1 hour- 1hr 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the chives and serve with mash and vegetables.
- And if you loved it, then why not send me some Instagram love by tagging me #TastefullyVikkie.
Tastefully Vikkie x