http://2017.agi-open.com/?antral=%D9%87%D9%88-%D8%AB%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A6%D9%8A-%D8%AA%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%84-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AE%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%AD%D9%82%D9%8A%D9%82%D9%8A%D8%A9&29a=6f I love bespoke and unique furniture; particularly when it doesn’t cost the earth and I’ve always got my eyes peeled on my travels. Always. And last Saturday, we cleared out some building debris and sort of in exchange, I dumpster dived and fished out this little unpainted wooden fella.
http://www.dramauk.co.uk/?arapyza=%D9%81%D8%AA%D8%AD-%D9%85%D8%AD%D9%81%D8%B8%D9%87-%D9%88%D9%87%D9%85%D9%8A%D9%87-%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%84-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%87%D9%85&28f=40 I’m sure its former life used to be a CD rack, but it’s now been reincarnated in to a new shabby chic tea cup shelf for my most treasured http://clevelandpools.org.uk/?ariches=%D8%AE%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8%AB%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A6%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%88%D8%A8%D9%88%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%88%D9%82%D8%B9&e4a=a8 Halo Denby set.
I didn’t have anything in mind when I claimed it mine but just that I love pigeon hole types of furniture in real wood. And being a carpenter’s daughter, I wouldn’t have given it a second look if it were veneer. which now sits proudly on our living room wall, just next to the kitchen archway.
And while we were hanging up our new http://www.punjabicenter.com/?iuf=%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%87%D9%85-%D8%A8%D9%86%D9%83-%D9%88%D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%8A%D9%87 اسهم بنك وربة الاسلاميه B&M pieces featured in my recent post, I had a light bulb moment with the space under our clock (also إعادة النظر B&M). I love its industrial office style feel mixed with a shabby chic distressed effect which I think tones of the bare wood lends to the copper.
خيار ثنائي فتح حساب تجريبي And it’s a very simple technique. All you need it to do is this:
- Fill in any unsightly holes or dints with filler and leave to dry.
- Sand over the filler until smooth and rough up the wood with 40-60 grit sandpaper for the paint to adhere better.
- Paint two thickish coats of white emulsion paint, leaving to dry inbetween, (I used B&Q’s cheapest which we already had).
- Pop some gloves on to avoid splinters and rub down the paint work with pinches of fine steel wool to distress the paint (I used http://marshguard.com/?kafka=%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-optionrally&043=ca Toolstation‘s cheapest and little pinches at a time).
- Finally you can seal the paintwork with furniture wax using a lint free cloth (I always used old bedsheets or plain t-shirts. I normally use http://sejrup-it.dk/?centosar=%D8%A7%D8%AE%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D9%88%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D8%B9%D9%88%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%A9&d64=fc Lord Sheraton’s Caretaker’s Wood Balsam but because this shelf won’t be touched a great deal, I left it. Any more wear to the paintwork will add more charm.
Then my handyman fiance who had already attached L-shaped brackets to the top inside, screwed it to the wall. And to finish off the look, I’ve added a heart-shaped beach pebble from one of our campervan holidays and finally found a home for my “TV” silver letters (Tastefully Vikkie) which I picked up from the http://www.homelesshounds.org.uk/?mikstyra=%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%84-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D9%85%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B0%D9%87%D8%A8&16c=f3 BBC Good Food Summer Show last year.
Normally this kind of project would be featured on my محتوى مفيد Vikkie’s Vintage YouTube Channel as I regularly upcycle similar projects for my احصل على معلومات اكثر eBay shop, but this is definitely ours to keep!
اسهم فنادق دبي If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?