My cousin created a naan bread pizza for her kids the other week and it got me thinking. Ok, so I know naan breads are usually avoided for most following a healthy eating plan, but what about a wholemeal pitta bread instead? But it didn’t just stop there. Every now and then my fiance asks me to pick up an Asda calzone but it’s no Frankie & Bennies and don’t think it’s worth the syns, and with that in mind too, my Pitta Calzone was born.
And finally, although the third method isn’t photoed because it would mean I’d have to indulge more, I felt I didn’t have to take a photo as it was obvious you can slice your pittas in half to make two thinner pizzas. Note a wholemeal pitta is your healthy extra b
- Pizza Pitta – leave your pitta as is and top with the below ingredients
- Pizza Calzone – Slit the side of your pitta open and pop inside your pizza ingredients like a pitta sandwich
- Pizza Pitta Halved – Slice your pitta in half, creating two thinner pittas and top with double the amount of pizza ingredients
- 1 wholemeal pitta bread (6 syns or Weight Watchers ones are meant to be a healthy extra… good luck finding them though!)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 15g low fat mature cheddar, grated (healthy extra)
- 1 mushroom, sliced
- A pinch of dried mixed herbs
- And any other toppings you wish such as diced peppers, onions, ham, etc
- Preheat your oven on 180 degrees.
- Prepare your chosen style of pizza pitta.
- Pop in the oven for 10 minutes and serve.
- Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram #TastefullyVikkie your a pic of your Pitta Pizza & show me which you chose to make!
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?