Last month I was so excited to see my Sausagge & Bean Slow Cooker Casserole recipe featured in Coop’s latest March/April 2016 magazine edition. So much so, I’ve kept the copy and hope to frame it some time soon for my office.
However, by the time it went to print, a handful of things had change, including the method of cooking from Slow Cooker to casserole dish, so i thought I’d take this opportunity to showcase it as this week’s YouTube video. Here’s a quick glance at the recipe if you want to take a peek!
I really do love how easy and delicious this recipe is and thought this time I would make it strictly syn free, giving you all a chance to save on syns, using Iceland’s Slimming World Syn Free Pork Sausages. They do taste a bit like Quorn vegetarian sausages, so if you’re a fan, you’ll love this. If you love a bit of fat in your bangers, then you might want to look further afield. My fiance really didn’t like them, but personally I’d rather opt for these and syn a pudding later. It’s completely your choice!
Recipe – Serves 2-4
- 6 Iceland Slimming World Syn Free Pork Sausages
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & diced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded & diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 400g tin of baked beans
- Preheat your oven on gas mark 4 or 180 degrees.
- Place the Iceland frozen sausages (or other defrosted sausages) in to an oven proof casserole dish, spray with frylight and pop in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Now add the remaining ingredients and cook on the hob until a simmering point and cover with a lid.
- And finally, to cook the casserole, you can continue simmering away for an hour on the hob, or place back in the oven for 1 hour.
- Once cooked, serve with mash, chips or whatever you want and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram with a pic of your meal #TastefullyVikkie, because they put a smile on my face 🙂
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
Tastefully Vikkie x