Now I could easily tell you this serves 4 serving, but on a super hot day I can drink this up all by myself and that’s why soup is my favourite all year round. It’s cheaper than chips, filling and more importantly, all the flavours I love from an Italian dish. But don’t take my word for it; try it for yourself and let me know how you get on!
Also, as usual, I used mine in my soup maker; it’s so easy, it’s encouraging, but in reality, it’s not a necessity if you have a pan and a blender. I just like mine because if I forget I’m cooking something, it won’t burn, boil or catch at the bottom.
Want More Recipes?
Anyway, here’s this week’s easy soup recipe with minimal prep. But seriously, who’s got time to hang about in hot kitchens with gorgeous weather like this?
Recipe – Serves 4 (or 3-4 on a hot day!)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 100ml passata
- 650ml water
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 400g tin of tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 80g sliced mozzarella between 4 *(20g each from 42g of your Mozzarella Healthy Extra A)
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Chuck everything except the mozzarella in to your soup maker and set to chunky.
- If using a pan, simmer for 20-25 minutes until everything is tender.
- Serve and top with sliced mozzarella and garnish with some fresh basil if at hand.
- Did you end up making it? If so, put a smile on my face by tagging me on Instagram (#TastefullyVikkie) with a foodie picture!