Well hello again for another Soup of the Week. If you missed last week’s, it was a delicious Summery Syn Free Pizza style and loved how my reader, Lorraine shared a picture on my Facebook page and styled it with croutons – great idea!
And today’s recipe was inspired by one of my favourite former fashionista colleagues, Leanne, who I’ve been desperately encourage her to start her own blog… hint hint! She’s always doing something interesting from pretty interiors, diy, fitness and lovely food. She’d been given some Paatra and I thought what the heck is Paatra? Well typically it looks like this but still haven’t tried the real thing yet. It’s a vegetarian Indian dish with rolled cabbage leaves and because it looked technical I loosely took the ingredients and a new yummy soup maker recipe was born.
Recipe – Serves 4
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 200g kale, chopped (or any shredded cabbage)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 400g tin of chick peas, drained
- 3 vegetable or vegan stock cubes
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1.1ltr boiling water
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Place everything in the soup maker and give it a good stir for the kale to wilt.
- Set to chunky and you’re done!
- If you’re using a pan, simmer for 20-25 minutes and serve.
- And don’t forget to tag me on Instagram (#TastefullyVikkie) so I know you made it!
Don’t forget, I have plenty more soup maker friendly and pan recipes but a 20 exclusive ones hidden in my ebook, Soup Maker: 65 Bowls of Health.