A few weeks ago, a viewer on my YouTube channel asked for a syn free gravy. I must admit, most of the time, I’ll probably reach for instant because it’s roughly about 3 syns per serving. But if I’m doing bangers and mash or similar, then today’s onion gravy is the one I’d usually pimp it up with.
If you want to part blend it, then feel free but I always love the bulkiness of this recipe.
Recipe – Serves 2
- 4 onions, halved & finely sliced
- A good sprinkling of salt
- Beef stock made up from 350ml boiling water & 2 oxo cubes
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Spray a large saucepan with frylight and on a very low heat, slowly saute the onions with the salt until softened.
- Now add the beef stock and simmer until you reach your desired thickness – this may take 20-25 minutes but check it every now and then in case you need to add more water.
- You could always part blend it if you wish before serving.
- And why not tag me on Instagram (#TastefullyVikkie) with a pic so I know you made it!