Firstly, I can’t apologise enough that there is no video going up on my YouTube this morning; I’ve really been swamped with very important ad-hoc errands but this Sunday’s should be back up and running. But, that doesn’t mean there is no video. Oh no. A few weeks ago, I created these beautiful little burgers while I experimented with chorizo flavours which are very similar to my Syn Free Pasta video and a Syn Free Vegetarian Chorizo Soup. But because I shared it with the Tots100 blogging community, I had to keep mum and it was bloomin’ hard! In fact, if you are a parent with tots and fancy writing about your family’s milestones or snapping away while you’re on an adventure, then I really would consider getting started and joining.
Anyway, here’s the recipe; it’s syn free, tasty and serves 4!
- Oil spray
- 500g extra lean pork mince
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 x 10g slices of lower fat cheese *(10g from a 40g Healthy Extra A allowance)
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- In a food processor, add the onion and garlic and blitz.
- Now add in the remaining ingredients (except the cheese and oil spray) and blend again before covering and placing in the fridge to firm up for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven at 200 degrees or gas mark 6.
- Spray a baking tray or sheet with oil spray, then using the palms of your hands, roll the meat in to four balls and place on the tray.
- Now break the 10g slices of cheese in half to place on top of the burgers and mold around until covered to avoid any leaking.
- Now place them in the oven for 30 minutes until cooked and serve in a 60g wholemeal roll with more cheese if you wish.
- And finally, it would totally tickle me if you tagged me on Instagram to let me know you made them too!