Are you a sweet or a savoury person in the morning? I’m definitely the latter but a hot bowl of porridge also does the trick. As for cold cereal first thing, I’m less inclined unless it’s a hot Summer’s day.
But whichever way you sway, you seriously have to try this divine breakfast hash. I would happily eat this day after day. It’s comforting, filling and so satisfying alone. I’m a huge sauce lover and surprised myself how I never reached for the sweet chilli sauce.
2.5 Syns or Syn Free
The Chorizo in this recipe was well worth being a synner for in my opinion (2.5 syns per 28g). But if you don’t like starting your day with syns, why not mimic it with a dash of smoked paprika and a pinch of mild chilli powder?
And It’s Not Just for Breakfast…
Recipe: 2.5 Syns & Serves 1
- Low calorie cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, halved & thinly sliced
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 300g butternut squash (or half a small butternut), peeled & diced
- 28g chorizo, diced *(2.5 Syns)
- 2 lean bacon medallions, cut in to strips
- 2 eggs
- Fresh parsley to garnish
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Preheat your oven on 200 degrees.
- Using an ovenproof frying pan, spray with cooking oil spray.
- Add the onions and garlic and gently saute until softened.
- Then add the butternut, chorizo and bacon and continue to fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and crack on top 2 eggs and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes or until the eggs have set and yolk is still runny.
- Serve and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
- And let me know if you loved it too by tagging me on Instagram with a pic (#TastefullyVikkie).