I’m always looking for new ways with chicken, (so please feel free to share your favourites below). But one that I had to adapt last week was this yummy Butter Chicken after dusting down my cookbook shelf.
I love a good curry (although Chicken Bhuna will always be my favourite), this one was a lovely change. It’s a creamy number with not a drop of butter in sight!
Recipe – Serves 4
- Cooking oil spray
- 400g chicken fillets, chopped in to bite size pieces
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground ginger (or 4cm piece of freshly grated)
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 300ml water
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp fat free natural yogurt or similar
If you want to know when my next recipe goes LIVE, then why not pop your email address in my subscription service on the right? I also upload new YouTube videos every week.
- Using a food processor, blitz together the onion, ginger, garlic and all the spices and set aside.
- Now spray a deep based pan with cooking oil spray and fry the chicken until golden.
- Add the onion paste you made and add to the chicken, frying for another 5 minutes.
- Then add the stock cube, water and tomato puree and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Or if using a multi cooker or pressure cooker, cook for 10 minutes. or slow cooker on low for 5-7 hours.
- Once cooked, stir in the yoghurt and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with rice or whatever you fancy and show me how you ate yours in an Instagram pic (I’m Tastefully Vikkie).
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
And if you can’t cook it now and want to save it for later, I’ve made this fancy pin if you want to add it to Pinterest!