It’s about bloomin’ time, isn’t it? Northerner = no hotpot on the blog? What you playing at, Vikkie?! Well don’t worry, it’s finally here to stay and perfect comfort food in the cold.
I made mine in my Denby cast iron pan lidded dish, truly making it was a one pot wonder, so bare that in mind when you’re picking what dish to use.
It also serves 4 people with a side or 2 mains.
- Cooking oil spray
- 400g lean diced beef
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled & diced
- 1 tbsp plain flour *(1 syn each between 4, or 2 between 2 people)
- red wine stock pot
- 600ml beef stock
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 150g frozen peas
- 600g potatoes, peeled & sliced in to 5mm slices
If you want to know when my next recipe goes LIVE, then why not pop your email address in my subscription service on the right? I also upload new YouTube videos every week.
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees.
- Spray a lidded cast iron dish or similar oven proof pan with oil spray and add the beef and seasoning before frying until it’s browned.
- Now add the onions and carrots and fry for another 5 minutes while stirring.
- Then add the flour and stir until it has dissolved, followed with the red wine stock pot and beef stock and bring to a boil.
- Place in the fresh thyme and the peas, stir once more and layer on top the sliced potatoes.
- Spray with oil spray once more, pop the lid on and place in the oven for 1 hour, 30 minutes.
- Once this is done, remove the lid, up the oven to 200 degrees and cook for a final 30 minutes.
- And if you make it, why not tag me on Instagram #TastefullyVikkie with a photo?
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW? PIN MY HOTPOT FOR LATER!