Now before I declare that I like my latest lokshen noodle kugel pudding recipe, I’m sure there will be some of you that won’t. Let me explain why. If you have an incredible sweet tooth, usually sweetener just won’t cut it for you. This has sweetener. And it’s a bit like bread and butter pudding, too, if you’re curious.
Some like to save their syns for the real deal and I totally understand. I, on the other hand, don’t have the biggest sweet tooth. You might have guessed that from the predominantly savoury meals and that’s something I’d like to work on. But, if you gave me the choice of a bag of crisps or a chocolate bar, I’d probably pass on the chocolate. Unless it’s the dreaded TTOTM of course, then things are totally different.
The other quandary I had to face when creating this almost syn free cream based pudding was that eggs with low fat cream tend to turn a bit quich-y. I’m not selling it very well, am I? But some will say it does.
But, what do I love about this? Well, it’s full of protein, it’s a great post-work-out buddy, it’s stodgy and filling and of course, it’s low in syns, so I can focus on other pleasures. It’s also a must in my opinion with a syn free fruity yogurt. In fact, I don’t think I’d eat it without one. Oh, and it’s relatively cheap to make, too, particularly for the portion size it offer.
It won’t be everybody’s mate though, I’m sure.
The reason I really wanted to make this recipe, was that as soon as my yummy Syn Free Potato Kugel last year, someone told me about this version too. And once I get something in my head, it’s hard to shake-it-off… shake-it-off. Just like a chocolate bar staring me in the face until it’s gone (you get the idea).
It’s a brain-craving thing, isn’t it? Sometimes you’ve got to listen to your body to get some peace. That’s why I’d rather be frank with you. Let’s put it this way: This satisfies me, but not my fiance. We’re totally different and I like to make sure we’re both eating healthily.So, it’s here if you want it. And if you would do anything different to it, then let me know! But one thing’s for sure, I won’t syn for single or double cream. It’s just not worth it.
Recipe – Serves 4-8
- 320g dried spaghetti (or dried vermicelli noodles)
- 550g fat free fromage frais
- 3 tbsp granulated sweetener *(1.5 syns) or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Serve with a syn free yogurt
If you want to know when my next recipe goes LIVE, then why not pop your email address in my subscription service on the right? I also upload new YouTube videos every week, like this one!
- Preheat your oven at 170 degrees.
- Cook the spaghetti until al-dente (following the instructions on the packet) and drain, allowing it to cool a little.
- Spray a large baking dish with frylight and transfer in the spaghetti.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the spaghetti. Tip: Ensure all the spaghetti is completely covered as any exposed pasta on top with dry out and be hard to eat.
- Top with a little cinnamon and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, leave to settle for at least 20 minutes and serve.
- If you are a fan too, then why not tag me on Instagram with a pic? (@TastefullyVikkie).
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW? THEN WHY NOT PIN IT FOR LATER?
You might also the Syn Free Potato Kugel.