Although I uploaded my totally delicious syn free creamy mushroom soup yesterday, I also created this 2nd soup in my regular pan at the same time to avoid any waste and was also able stockpile for a few busy days ahead.
If you tasted these two soups alongside each other, then I must admit the previous soup is the winner, but I think this is because it was so incredibly out-of-this-world delicious on a luxurious level. However, I sampled the 2n one again this morning first after a night in the fridge and this one is still delicious and perfect if you don’t have enough mushrooms.
I wanted to get more use out of my Chinese Five Spice – I love it when loads of different spices are combined in to one pot, as opposed to having to buy several different ones which you may not use again.
Also, as I was very short of time, the YouTube video is also short and snappy – perhaps you prefer this style? I would appreciate your thoughts on this.
-1 large diced onion
-3 cloves of garlic – crushed
-1 large peeled & diced potato
-250g sliced mushrooms
-260g cauliflower florets
-1 tsp chinese five spice
-1/2 tsp ground ginger
-1/4 tsp ground chilli
-2 vegetable stockcubes
-1 tsp balsamic vinegar
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
1. Spray a deep based pan with frylight and saute the onion & garlic for approx 5 minutes
2. Now add the potato, mushrooms, cauliflower and spices, seasoning and add a lid to sweat them over medium to low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Now transfer all the sauted mixture in to a deep based pan.
4. Add 600ml water, 2 vegetable stock cubes, balsamic vinegar & simmer until everything is softened.
5. Now blend until smooth and add a generous dollop of fat free fromage frais & blend again. If you want a cheesy taste, then this would be great with some extra light laughing cow cheese triangles but I wanted a syn-free recipe.