I thought I would share with you my spontaneous breakfast this morning. As some of you may know, I tend to just stick to porridge for breakfast, but after reaching 20,000 steps on my fitbit yesterday which equated to 9 miles of walking, this morning I wanted something with more protein.
This is a Syn Free adapted recipe I have been meaning to do for over the last year and luckily I had the ingredients in.
I cannot take full credit, however, as the concept is from a recipe I tried in 2012 by Rachel Khoo, writer of The Little Paris Kitchen.
Hopefully I will be filming this on Saturday morning and cooking for two of us, but here my recipe that serves 1 person – if you are serving more, then it is very easy to double, triple of quadrupole!
-2 slices of wholemeal bread from healthy extra choice.
-2 small eggs
-2 tbsp fat free natural yoghurt
-pinch of mustard powder
-4 slices of lean cooked ham
-sprinkle of nutmeg
-sprinkle of lower fat mature cheddar – grated (part of your healthy extra)
-large muffin tins
1. Preheat oven on gas mark 4 (180 degrees)
2. Roll over a rolling pin over your slices of bread to make them as thin as you can (at least half the thickness)
3. Spray both sides with frylight and mould each one carefully into a muffin tin.
4. Scrunch up the ham and place 2 slices inside each bread muffin
5. Crack the eggs open and pour away some of the egg whites away and place the rest of each egg on top of the ham.
6. Now mix together in a bowl the yoghurt, mustard, nutmeg and seasoning and spoon out the mixture equally on top of the eggs.
7. Sprinkle with your desired amount of grated cheese as part of your healthy extra
8. Place in middle of oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has turned slightly golden.
9. It’s now ready to eat! Bon Appétit!!!
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?