Last night I reached a new revelation in the world of Slimming World friendly deserts. Cakes and puddings in a mug tutorials seem to be ever increasing on YouTube but they offer just one following a SW plan. I want to change that.
There’s got to be some great undiscovered combinations out there and after finding two charity shop recipe books last week for 75p each, I pounced on them for bedtime reading.
I’ve merely glanced at the savory book as that’s all I ever seem to do, so scanned though the latter to find all of them require butter and a fair amount of flour. I’m not adverse to using low fat margarine and want to experiment with less flour, so as a test, yesterday I started basic with just three ingredients for a chocolate cake and discovered quite a nice and easy combo that would perfectly take away any chocolate cravings.
- 1 cup/mug (curved bottom if possible as it looks better)
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp cacao powder or cocoa
- 3 tbsp granulated sweetener
- Whisk the egg in the cup.
- Add the cacao or cocoa powder and sweetener and whisk until all combined.
- Pop in a microwave for 1 minute – avoid any longer as it may turn rubbery.
- Serve with a syn free yoghurt as an alternative to custard.
- And don’t forget to tag me on Instagram (#TastefullyVikkie) with a pic of your pudding so I can see it 🙂
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
Why not Pin it to save it for later?
Tastefully Vikkie x