It’s coming up to the Christmas party season and you’ve invited your friends round for a tipple or maybe you just want to impress those at your next Slimming World taster session and you all want to still be good, or at least try to be.
Well, here’s something a little bit different that we don’t see often enough in the UK; it’s eggnog, and this time I’ve tested a recipe from the Slimming World USA site for the first time and can I say, what a lovely delight it is.For 2.5 syns per serving, you don’t get a huge amount, but it’s definitely a little glass of charm where you can take off your halo off briefly and sip on it like a Bailey’s.
As I am not an official consultant or associated with Slimming World, always check with at your meeting about syn value if in doubt.
Recipe – Serves 6
2 cups of skimmed milk (healthy extra)
1 quarter of orange or lemon zest (avoid the pith of course!)
1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped (or 1-2 tsp of good quality vanilla extract)
2 eggs and 1 egg yolk
1 tbsp + 1 tsp sweetener
1 tsp cornflour
40ml white rum (I used bacardi)
Freshly grated nutmeg
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- In a medium saucepan, pour in 1.5 cups of the milk, zest from 1 quarter of an orange or lemon and the scraped seeds and empty vanilla pod and infuse by gently simmering for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, sweetener and cornflour together until smooth.
- Pour the infused milk in to the bowl, stir and pour back in to the saucepan and on the lowest heat, stir in the figure of 8, scraping the bottom edges of the pan. It should start to thicken and will take about 4 minutes, but be careful not to curdle the mixture. If the mixture starts to curdle, just place in a blender and whiz until smooth.
- Now take off the heat and stir in 1/5 cup of skimmed milk to stop the mixture from cooking further.
- Leave to cool and stir in the rum and top with freshly grated nutmeg and chill in the fridge or serve with ice and enjoy yourself!
And if this is your thang’, then why not go and subscribe to my YouTube Channel which is full of healthy video tutorial recipes with more to come every Friday at 6pm!
Tastefully Vikkie x