I’m all about the noodle soups this week. I’ve been craving the extra bulk in light soups but I’m sure the thicker soups will make an appearance when it starts to get frosty.
So yesterday I made a carnivorous Slimming World version of Lorraine Pascale’s immune-boosting super soup from her latest book, Eating Well Made Easy, but for the soup maker and since I had half a lemon and plenty of ginger, I used the base of this soup for a fish version. The only drawback (but I absolutely love it) was that I only ever have chicken stock in the house; some of you may find this a tad confusing maybe, but it really tones down the fish if you find it generally pungent. But how many people actually have fish stock in? I doubt there’s many and I’d like to think most of my ingredients are easily accessible to you so you don’t have to go out of your way to buy anything special. To me, healthy meals should be an everyday part of life, not sporadic and easy. What Lorraine said.
Here it is!
Recipe – Serves 4
2 frozen fish fillets (mine are the cheap Tesco ones)
1 onion diced
3cm fresh ginger, peeled & grated
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 red chilli, deseeded & sliced
200g cauliflower florets, broken in to bite size pieces
1 portion of medium egg noodles (87g dried weight)
2 chicken stockpots
Half the juice of a lemon
1 tbsp (& 1 tsp to stir in at the end) light soy sauce
1 tbsp parsley
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Grill the fish for 10 minutes, turning half way.
- Saute the onions in a large frying pan with frylight for 5-10 minutes until tender
- Add the chilli, garlic and ginger and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer to the soup maker or a large saucepan and the rest of the ingredients except the final tsp of soy sauce, parsley and lemon juice.
- Break up the fish, add that to your pan too and simmer for 20-25 minutes .
- Once cooked, stir in the soy, parsley and lemon and serve.
Enjoy my lovelies and don’t forget you’re more than welcome to subscribe to my YouTube Channel and/or join my I LOVE SW Soup Facebook support group where we talk soup all year round (or at least I do!)
Tastefully Vikkie x