Last week after yet another busy day of work with some DIY to come ahead, sometimes I fancy a bit of classic pub-meal type grub. We rarely dine out (only on special occasions) and personally I think there’s nothing better than to be in the comfort of my own home with great company and the dog.
So here’s Hunter’s Chicken, full of tomatoey-bacon-cheese goodness. Sadly the picture isn’t great now every night dark by 4pm, but still wanted to share this recipe, so will be aiming for a better picture next time I cook it.
*Also, note the cheese is a healthy extra; if not, it would need to be synned.
Why not PIN it to save it for later?
2 chicken breasts, no skin
4 slices of bacon, fat removed
1 onion, finely diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 chicken stockcube
60g reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated *(Part of each person’s healthy extra A)
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Preheat the oven on gas mark 6 or 200 degrees.
- Place two bacon slices on each chicken breast, pop in a roasting dish or separate individual pie dishes, cover with tinfoil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute the onions and garlic until tender.
- Add the red wine vinegar, paprika, stockcube and passata and cook on medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take out the chicken, remove the foil and pour over the tomato sauce and sprinkle over the cheese equally divided on to each chicken breast.
- Return to the oven for another 20 minutes, uncovered until the cheese is bubbling.
- When you dish up, why not tag me on Instagram #TastefullyVikkie with a pic of your Hunter’s Chicken?
So if you love a healthy but delicious recipe, then my YouTube channel is full of my top picks that I share every Friday at 6pm. If you haven’t subscribed, then why not check it out?
Tastefully Vikkie x