This is the final cake installment to share (you can read Part 1 and Part 2 here). And again, it’s another naughty recipe as part of my fiance’s Birthday cake but I don’t feel too bad as I barely bake these days as there’s only two of us (and a dog that likes cake too!)
So here’s one I’ve experimented with:
- 3 eggs
- 160g caster sugar
- 160g unsalted butter
- 105g self raising flour
- 55g cocoa powder
- 50g shelled pistachios, broken up in a food processor.
- First, preheat your oven on gas mark 4.
- Now cream the sugar and butter together until pale and creamy.
- Slowly add and stir in the eggs.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder and pistachios together in a separate bowl and stir in until there are no traces of flour left.
- Pour the mixture in to a buttered and lined 9″ round cake tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. You’ll know if it is ready as a skewer should come out clean, even though the top is still tender.
- Leave to cool on a rack and it is ready to eat. Note you may want to cover in melted chocolate or simply eat with ice cream.
Hope you like it!
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?