A few weeks ago, I was sent a few goodies from Blue Dragon which has really spurred me on to create some new combinations. It’s also encouraged me to reward myself a couple of tasty syns in the form of sauces (sometimes I’m too lazy to count syns so will avoid eating certain things). But what I have found it 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce (2 syns) goes a long way to enhance a dish with a smidgen naughty, and let your spice rack do the rest!
This recipe only serves one and it’s a big portion; I don’t eat lightly working from home and bulk up my meals with so many vegetables to keep the pecking at bay (especially when my office is a few steps away from the kitchen). But if you’re feeding more, just double the ingredients and so forth.
Recipe – Serves 1
- 200g tofu, diced
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 50g spring onions, trimmed & sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2cm fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- 1 green pepper, deseeded & diced
- 1/4 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce (2 syns on EE plan)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 nest of dried medium egg noodles
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Cook the noodles as instructed on the packet.
- Spray a large frying pan with frylight and fry all the vegetables, ginger and garlic on high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the tofu and spices and fry for another 2 minutes, stirring.
- Stir in both the sauces and cook for another minute on medium heat.
- Serve over the noodles and tag me on Instagram #TastefullyVikkie to show me yours; you know it makes me happy!
Tastefully Vikkie x