Remember Ross from Friends’ Moist Maker turkey sandwiches? This concept is bloomin’ close and perfect for an Easter Boxing Day morning treat (unless you’re digging in to your chocolate eggs instead?). All you need is a small 60g wholemeal roll, some oxo and lean bacon and it’s been a regular request from my fiance since we moved in together; just the way his Mum used to make them.
So I’m sharing with you how I made them with the lean bacon medallions which Muscle Food conveniently sent to me in the post and the frozen packs inside the box were still icy too. Very impressed!
- Lean grilled bacon, all fat removed
- 1 x 60g wholemeal roll per person (1 = a Healthy Extra B)
- 250ml boiling water (a mug full) (this is enough to coat four 60g rolls)
- 2 beef oxo cubes
- A sprig of fresh thyme
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Once you’ve got your bacon grilled, pour the boiling water, oxos, seasoning and thyme in to a large shallow frying pan.
- Stir and simmer away until a rolling bubble then remove from the heat.
- Slice the wholemeal rolls in half and place the insides facing down in to the oxo gravy and swirl around until it is coated well.
- Now fill the rolls with lean bacon and serve as a regular bacon sandwich.
- And don’t forget to tag me on Instagram #TastefullyVikkie with a pic of your sarnie 🙂
Tastefully Vikkie x