What a pleasant little number this is and so simple! After a quick google search for a cabbage soup inspiration (I’ve had to rip up the cabbages hanging around from last season’s harvest), I was intrigued with a combination using noodles.
I hadn’t planned this recipe well as I never defrosted one of the many chicken breasts I’ve got in the freezer, so just used stock out instead and bulked up with red lentils, so this is easily vegetarian.
Recipe – Serves 4 – PAN ONLY
- 1.3ltr water
- 3 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
- 80g red lentils (no soaking needed)
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2cm grated fresh ginger
- 100g cabbage leaves, torn up
- 1 green pepper, deseeded & chopped
- 1 nest of dried egg noodles
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce (the only syns)
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Place all of the ingredients except the chilli, soy and noodles and simmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.
- Now add the noodles and as per instructed on the packet.
- Stir in the soy and chilli and serve.
- Why not tag me on Instagram with your soup?
Tastefully Vikkie x