My friend shared a picture of her tea the other night (Pork Souvlaki) on a Facebook group on Sunday night. Great idea, I thought. Why not try it with the chicken I’d defrosted? But then one bit of research led to some more and before I knew it, I was on to my own Tandoori Chicken, using some of my favourite spices.
This recipe is syn free and so yummy. And I created a quick fat free yogurt with mint sauce dip on the side and some healthy chips. Or better still, it would be the perfect starter before a healthy curry.
Recipe – Serves 2 Mains or 4 Starters
- Frylight or low calorie cooking oil spray
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut in to bite size pieces
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 fat clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp paprika
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- In a large bowl or roasting dish, mix all of the ingredients together, making sure the chicken is evenly coated.
- Cover and place in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Note: you could fry the chicken in a frying pan with cooking oil spray for quickness until cooked or follow my oven method:
- Preheat your oven at 200 degrees.
- Place your chicken in a roasting dish, spray with cooking oil spray, cover with tinfoil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Once the time is up, remove the foil, don’t pour any juices away and place back in the oven for 20 minutes and serve.
- And as always, please keep those Instagram pics coming and tag me (#TastefullyVikkie) so I know you made it 🙂
Tastefully Vikkie x