Last week I found a video in my Facebook feed about making an iced coffee using frozen coffee-d cubes mixed with milk. It was so simple and novel, I had to buy these cute little 69p glasses from B&M to give it a whirl. But after I pondered on making it, it sounded far easier to use regular ice cubes blended with some made up coffee instead. Keep it simple, stupid as the Dragons would say.
And I’m pretty damn proud of my new Starbucks style Frappuccino and I couldn’t resist giving them a close up with my camera. It’s the perfect Summer treat if you’ve got some health conscious friends over for coffee on a hot day. And I love how it’s a fraction of the price and isn’t too synful.
Recipe – Serves 2
- 4 tsp instant coffee (we used Barrista-style coffee)
- 100ml boiling water
- 100ml cold water
- 300ml semi or skimmed milk *(Part of each person’s Healthy Extra A)
- 300g ice cubes
- 6 pumps of sugar free Monin Vanilla Syrup or try adding your own granulated sweetener to taste
- 24g of Anchor Light squirty cream *(12g each = 1.5 syns each)
- 1 square cube of chocolate, finely grated *(Approx 1 syn each)
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Spoon the instant coffee in to a measuring jug and add 100ml of boiling water and stir.
- Top up with 100ml of cold water to cool the coffee down.
- Pour the coffee straight in to a blender and add the remaining ingredients (except the cream and chocolate) and blend.
- Pour in to two glasses and place each one on some kitchen scales and top each one slowly with 12g of squirty cream.
- Now sprinkle over some grated chocolate and drink through a fun straw.
- If you do make it, then tagging me in an a pic on Instagram (#TastefullyVikkie) is always welcome!
Tastefully Vikkie x