Sometimes we can’t prepare ourselves for unexpected cravings. Shhhh… (pmt). My stream of consciousness could not and would not shut up about whipping these chocolate nutella style balls up. I suppose sometimes we need to listen to our body and give it what it wants. So I let it happen.
What didn’t help is that Dr Michael Mosely (you know, the Blood Sugar Diet man), said that if you want a snack, nuts are best. I can’t say he’d recommend the rest of the ingredients, but I aimed for the most natural things I had in my cupboard.
These are incredibly intense for a chocolate fix!
Recipe – Makes 6-7
- 120g mixed chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup cacao powder or cocoa powder & extra for rolling
- 1-2 tsp groundnut oil (use less if you want them firm)
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- In a food processor, whiz together all of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle some cacoa or cocoa powder on a plate ready for rolling.
- Grab a pinch at a time of the chocolate nut mixture, roll them in to balls with the palms of your hands and roll in the powder to give a good coating.
- Transfer them in to little petit four cases or on a tray and place in the fridge to firm up for a minimum of 1 hour.
- And don’t forget, I love seeing pics of my recipes, so don’t forget to tag me on Instagram (#TastefullyVikkie) so I know you made them!