I know it’s not really the season for dumplings, but this recipe is definitely one to add to your collection for an Autumn stew. But let’s not wish away good weather yet shall we?
And they’re SYN FREE (hip hip hooray!) I’ve really stayed away from tweaking cous cous and other things (which adds syns to what is usually syn free). I’m not against “tweaking” but do generally avoid it to challenge myself on looking for healthier alternatives.
- 400g whole potatoes, skins left on
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Preheat your oven at 190 degrees.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Place the whole potatoes (skins left on) in to the pan and boil for 12 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and run under a cold tap to cool or set aside for 30 minutes and scrape the skins off.
- Now grate the potatoes in to a large mixing bowl or cold pan and mash thoroughly.
- Then mix in the egg and start rolling them in to little balls and place on top of your stew.
- Place your stew in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and let me know you made them by tagging me on Instagram!