Does your local supermarket sell celeriac? It’s sad that I rarely see them for sale. In fact, it’s been a year since I saw one and showed you how to make my Celeriac & Fennel Soup. If you can’t find one, then you might have better luck checking a farmer’s market. If not, perhaps just swap for a swede?
And since last week, the chill in the air tells me it’s soup weather so I’ll be warming myself more often leading up to Spring with some brand new combinations. In case you missed last week’s YouTube video, I started with a celery & blue cheese number.
Also, if you want to use a Soup Maker, you’re in luck because I created this recipe in one. But don’t fret if you don’t (it might be a cool kitchen gadget to me and a pile of rubbish to you) so a pan and blender will do just fine. I like mine because it encourages me, there’s less clean up and it’s safe to leave if I get sidetracked while endlessly multitasking.
Oh and I nearly forgot that this was featured in yesterday’s YouTube video, What I Eat in a Day Slimming World Autumn Edition.
- Low calorie cooking oil spray
- 750g celeriac (unprepared weight), peeled & diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small potato, peeled & diced
- 2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 900ml water
- Sprinkle of lower fat grated cheese
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- In a frying pan, saute the onions and garlic in oil spray until softened.
- Now add the celeriac and continue to saute for 3-5 minutes (you may need to add more frylight).
- Then add everything to your soup maker excluding the cheese and cook on smooth. If you’ve got a pan, simmer for 25 minutes or until everything has softened and blend.
- Top with a sprinkle of cheese and slurp away (but I’d love to see a photo of it on Instagram (@tastefullyvikkie) so I know you made it!)
You can also find a huge selection of Soup Maker recipes right here in my eBook available on Amazon!