What a beautiful soup this was! I love how it almost glows too and it’s really simple yet delicious, making the most from a Christmas turkey. But there’s no stopping you trying this with chicken instead.
And many of you will be happy to know that I made this in my Soup Maker but a pan works perfectly too!
Recipe – Serves 4
- Cooking oil spray
- 300g leftover christmas turkey, cut in to bite size pieces
- 1 onion, diced (approx 135g)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, chopped (approx 180g)
- 1 large potato, peeled & diced (approx 260g)
- 3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- 850ml chicken or turkey stock
- Bay leaf
- Sprig of thyme
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Garnish with a slice of fresh lemon (not lime as I said in the video!) and parsley
- Spray a large frying pan with frylight and saute the onions and garlic until softened.
- Now add all of the veg and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Then add the seasoning and ginger and cook for 1 minute more.
- Transfer all of the veg to a soup maker and everything else and cook on chunky. *Note if you’re using a deep based pan instead, just simmer for 20-25 minutes or until everything is soft.
- Now serve and garnish with a slice of lemon and freshly chopped parsley and why not tag me on Instagram with a picture if you make it!
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
Click here for more free soup recipes or soup maker recipes. My first collection is also available in a tidy eBook here, but note that most are available on my blog if you don’t mind a bit of searching and scrolling!