I love nothing better than to stalk Michelin star chefs on Instagram. It’s not always about the perfect image, but it is about outstanding food. So when I saw Angela Hartnett’s picture of a Persian Rice Pudding, I had to make a healthy version. And better still, it was cooked in my Tefal multicooker. (Or pressure cooker if you will).
It’s a zesty and warming spiced little number, too with all the flavours of Christmas I love!
If you don’t own a multicooker or a pan pressure cooker, then it’s definitely something to consider as it’s cooked in 10 minutes. Yep, that’s right. And great if you want to make something on a whim like I did yesterday morning for breakfast.This recipe is Syn Free on a Slimming World plan, but it does use around 100ml of your healthy extra A (milk/cheese allowance), but if you’re not part of a diet club yet want to stay healthy, then it’s perfect.
It also serves a large portion or two smaller ones portions, but you could triple everything similarly to my Summer Paella recipe which is also yummy by the way!
Recipe – Serves 1 huge portion or 2 smaller ones
- 100g risotto rice
- 200ml water
- 100ml skimmed milk *(Using part of your Healthy Extra A)
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Zest frmo 1 orange
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of saffron (optional)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp sweetener (or more to taste)
- Any fruit to garnish at the end
- 1 tbsp of milk or a little syn free yogurt or quark *(Milk using part of your Healthy Extra A)
If you want to know when my next recipe goes LIVE, then why not pop your email address in my subscription service on the right? I also upload new YouTube videos every week.
- Chuck everything in your pressure cooker or multi cooker, except the fruit, egg and tablespoon of milk.
- Pop the lid on and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, give everything a stir and stir in the egg and milk.
- Serve in to bowls and garnish with your choice of fruit. I just thought pomegranate looked pretty!
- And of course, it’d be lovely if you could tag me on Instagram with a picture! (@TastefullyVikkie)
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW? THEN HERE’S A PICTURE YOU CAN PIN FOR LATER: