One of the recipes that’s been on the top of my list is this.
I am probably addicted to sweet chilli sauce and a fellow Slimming World chum a couple of years ago said she makes one all the time.
So, wasn’t I making it too?
I’m often adding chilli sauce to my syn free omelettes, bacon sarnies. Basically anything that I think would be complimented with a kick.
It makes a very hot jar of sauce if that’s your thang. I love it because it gives simpler dishes a bit of a kick. But it you don’t want it as hot, then my tips would be to NOT blend it first, add less chillis and a bit more water towards the end.
If you’re going to throw everything in the pan and skip the blender way, then you’ll need to finely chop things unlike my way in my video below.
It’s also like a chilli paste if you want to stir it in to curries. But on some occasions, I’d like it runnier, so it’s one of those dishes that no doubt, I’ll playing around with every time I make it.
If you’re in the market for more sauces, then how about my very recent Syn Free Red Onion Chutney?
Slimming World 1/2 Syn Per Tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 60 g red chillis finely chopped
- 2-3 cm fresh ginger peeled & grated
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 125 ml rice wine vinegar
- 275 ml water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 13 g granulated sweetener
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1.5 tbsp cornflour
- If you don’t want it very hot, then skip to step 2.
Place everything except the last two ingredients in to a blender and blitz. You may want to wear gloves as chilli in your eye is not great.
- Transfer everything in to a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a jug, mix together the water and cornflour and stir and simmer for a final 5 minutes and bottle in to a sterilised jar.
- If you liked it, then why not tag me in a pic on Instagram (@TastefullyVikkie) so I know you made it!
DON’T MISS OUT ON FUTURE RECIPES
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW? WHY NOT PIN IT FOR LATER…