Each Summer, I usually get asked for a Slimming World friendly salad dressing.
I do love salads, but I used to conveniently consume a syn or two in the form of a ready made store sauce. But they can soon rack up if you don’t like dry meals.
The problem is, I don’t like dry food. I often need gravy, beans, garlic and herb, or yogurt and mint.
The problem is, one tablespoon is almost never enough.
And one sauce I have loved since my two visits to France last year is their Rustica Vinaigrette Fine Herbes.
It may not be the finest France has to offer, but I loved it so much, I couldn’t part with the bottle until I translated the ingredients and made my own version.
The only three main differences between my dressing and theirs is:
- Mine doesn’t have rapeseed oil, making it fat free (and syn free), so feel free to add it if you wish
- Mine is fresher with no additives
- Mine’s vegan, with no traces of milk (obviously the tuna and eggs in my salad isn’t though!)
I also used my new Froothie Vac 2 Air Vacuum Blender, to whip this up effortlessly which has kept my dressing fresher for longer.
I have tried blending similar liquids before in my two cheapie blenders and even my soup maker’s juice setting.
For smaller recipes like this, I’ve either been left with lumps, or my mini blender has been so small, the mixture has often rises to the top and escapes.
For those who know I like a power tool over at my DIY channel, The Carpenter’s Daughter, this really is the most powerful blender I’ve ever used.
So to team with my latest French vinaigrette dressing, there was no better recipe than a nicoise salad!
If you’re looking for a vegan or vegetarian friendly option, then why not consider swapping the tuna and eggs for chickpeas instead?
My next recipe will probably be a soup or dip. The blender comes with a very inspirational cookbook that I can’t wait to try and perhaps adjust to my taste buds.
Slimming World Syn Free Niçoise Salad with Fine Herb Vinaigrette French Dressing
- 3 to 4 hard boiled eggs boiled
- 150 g frozen green beans
- 100 g lettuce
- 2 160g tins of tuna in brine drained
- 400 g new potatoes
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 tbsp capers
- Serveral tbsp french dressing *See recipe above
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon juice only
- 240 ml water
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar or 3 if preferred
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum (I used Doves Farm from Holland & Barretts) syn free as stated in SW app
- 1/2 stick celery
- Cook the eggs in their shells for about 8-10 minutes in boiling water, then deshell and cut in to halves.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling water until tender, then halve or quarter.
- Now place everything in a large serving bowl.
For the dressing
- Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle over the salad and store the rest clean jars in the refrigerator. Note it has kept well in my fridge for months.
- If you liked it, don't forget to tag me on Instagram #tastefullyvikkie so I know you made it!
PIN ME FOR LATER
DON’T MISS OUT ON FUTURE RECIPES
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
Disclosure: I was gifted Froothie blender and so far I’m very impressed. All opinions are truthful. This post contains an affiliate link.