I am currently taking a mini time out while experiencing a heat wave in my conservatory. Unfortunately our air con system is offering nothing unless I stand directly underneath it so am drinking a cool-me-down smoothie which serves 2 as I only had a super light lunch of sushi.
I haven’t gone out especially to make a recipe, but prefer to wing it each time and create totally new and random ones with what I have left.
This smoothie is however inspired a BBC nutrition food documentary I watched last week where I learnt many interesting points; one stood out far more than any was to always leave your mushrooms in the sun for at least an hour before cooking as it absorbs Vitamin D and never gets destroyed even in the cooking process and the other was to never peel your apples as the skin has antioxidants that help prevent cancer.
Here’s what you need!
– Cup of blueberries
– 2 cups of plant based milk (I used oat milk)
– 35g oats
– 1 kiwi, skinned (leave out if you don’t want a kick)
– 2 apples, cored and peel left on
– 2 tsp stevia sweetener or agave or honey if preferred
Chuck everything in to your blender and serve.
Did you know about the apple skins? If not, let me know below and what you thought of this smoothie!
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
Vegan Apple Smoothie
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups oat milk
- 35 g oats
- 2 apples cored and peel left on
- 2 tsp stevia sweetener or agave or honey if preferred
- Chuck everything in to your blender and serve.