Did you know it’s now Great British Beef Week until May 1st?
Well, the Ladies in Beef have definitely timed their annual event perfectly with the lovely weather we’ve been having.
And that also means lots of early seasonal fresh produce available, such as asparagus from local farms, sweet honey, and chives straight from my sunny back garden.
So to celebrate, I was thinking, what better way to show you a quick, easy and delicious recipe that is anything but a time consuming roast dinner?
Don’t get me wrong, you can’t take a roast dinner with gravy out of a Yorkshire lass, but now Warwickshire is my new home, I had to show you these amazing beef and asparagus teriyaki rolls.
And because we’re thinly slicing a mini roast joint, it’s ridiculously quick to cook, making it a perfect any-day-of-the-week dish.
As always, I look out for the red tractor logo on my packets of beef and lamb to ensure my meat is responsibly produced from farm to fork.
And it’s also soothing to know that this dish is lean and healthy at only 2.5 syns for the whole lot and makes 15 asparagus beef rolls.
It’s perfect to serve two people for those with a big appetite like me or you could add plenty of noodles and extra vegetables to serve a family of four!
If you’d like to read more about Great British Beef Week, then visit www.ladiesinbeef.org.uk
Slimming World Beef & Asparagus Teriyaki Rolls (2.5 Syns for the Lot)
- Low calories cooking oil spray
- 400-500 g mini roast beef joint all fat and skin removed
- 250 g fresh asparagus woody ends removed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cm fresh ginger grated
- 80 ml soy sauce (or 4 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp local honey 2.5 syns
- 15 long chives hold back for presentation
- In a large pan of salted and boiling water, cook the asparagus for 3 minutes, then strain and run under a cold tap to set aside.
- Using a sharp knife or an electric carving knife, thinly slice the raw lean beef in to 15 strips and set aside.
- Now grab a large frying pan or wok and spray with oil spray and gently sauté the minced garlic and ginger for around 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wrap the beef slices around each asparagus and add to the frying pan and sear all the sides of the meat and place on a plate. Don't worry about all the meat not cooked through yet as we'll finish it off shortly.
- Then add the honey and soy sauce the frying pan and bring to a boil while stirring, then add the beef and asparagus rolls back. Now boil and stir until most of the sauce has evaporated.
- Finally, using long strands of chives, wrap them around each roll and if tie in to a knot (or a pretty bow if you can!) and serve.
- Did you enjoy them? Then why not tag me in a photo on Instagram (@TastefullyVikkie) so I know you made them!
DON’T MISS OUT ON FUTURE RECIPES
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
CAN’T MAKE IT RIGHT NOW? HERE’S A PIN TO SAVE IT FOR LATER!
This post was sponsored by Simply Beef and Lamb. As always, all opinions are truthful.