This Slimming World Chilli Chicken tray bake is so simple to make. It can be made mild or hot and is packed full of Syn Free speed foods and an optional Healthy Extra B.
The weather really has cranked up a notch this week!
And while the heat has got a tad unbearable, I find I can’t physically work at my usually speedy pace. So spending lots of time in what could be a hot kitchen isn’t very appealing.
Thankfully this Slimming World chicken tray bake is minimal effort and tastes so good!
IS SYN FREE SLIMMING WORLD CHILLI CHICKEN TRAY BAKE HEALTHY?
Yes, Slimming World chilli chicken tray bake is very healthy and 4 portions work out about 500 calories each. That is, providing you also ensure you removed all skin and fat from the chicken thighs. Other alternative chicken you could use are whole breasts or diced.
Another added twist I made for extra bite was to bread and pan fry the chicken thighs first. This way, they’re great finger food and so delicious!
It’s also fully loaded with juicy peppers, tomatoes, chilli and potatoes for filling carbs. If you’re really big eaters, you may want to double some of the ingredients as bare in mind, everything will shrink considerably.
CAN I FREEZE SLIMMING WORLD CHILLI CHICKEN TRAY BAKE?
Sadly, I’ve never frozen Slimming World chilli, but assume it is much better freshly baked.
However, you are fine to store in the fridge stored in an air tight tupperware container for up to 5 days.
To reheat, simply place back in a baking dish, cover with tin foil, then reheat at 180 degrees for 20 minutes. This heats it through, but prevents the Slimming World chilli chicken from drying out and burning.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?
To make the Slimming World chilli sauce, you will need a mini food processor. I used my mini Savisto 3 in 1 blender which I find much easier to clean than bigger models.
However, if you have great chopping skills, or the time, you can finely chop all the ingredients listed and give it a good stir.
And other than a carving knife and chopping board, choose a deep 30cm long roasting dish as a minimum. Remember, the bigger, the better to pack extra veggies on the tray!
HOW TO MAKE SLIMMING WORLD CHILLI CHICKEN
Making Slimming World chilli chicken tray bake is very simple! Apart from chopping veg, just preheat your oven and place all your veggies in the basking dish.
However, what is optional, but I highly recommend it, is to set up an egg wash and breadcrumb station and roll in the chicken.
Then sear the breaded chicken in a frying pan, place on top of the veg and blitz the sauce in a mini food processor. Next, you’ll need to drizzle the Slimming World chilli sauce over the chicken and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Slimming World chilli chicken tray bake is delicious all on its own. However, if you want to bulk up your meal even more, then consider upping the ingredient quantities before baking.
Other great dishes are a rainbow style rice or a simple serving of pasta.
Bare in mind, as it’s all syn free as it uses 1 person’s Healthy Extra B, there’s nothing stopping you eating it between 2 people instead.
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK SUPPORT GROUP
If you’d like to talk about any of the recipes in full detail, or are looking for support, then feel free to join our friendly Facebook group.
3 MORE SLIMMING WORLD TRAY BAKES YOU MIGHT LIKE
Slimming World Chilli Chicken Tray Bake – Syn Free
- 1 egg whisked
- 5 to 8 chicken thighs or drumsticks skinless and preferably boneless
- 40 g oats blended *Part of 1 person's Healthy Extra B
- 6 tomatoes halved
- 1 red pepper deseeded & sliced
- 1 green pepper deseeded & sliced
- 400 g baby potatoes halved
- 3 to 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
Slimming World Chilli Sauce
- 1 to 2 small red chillis Deseeded & chopped *1 for medium, 2 for very hot
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat your oven at 200 degrees.
- Spray a large frying pan with oil spray.
- Set up a two bowl station. One with whisked egg, the other with blended oats.
- Now roll the chicken thighs in the egg wash, followed by the oats and place in the large frying pan to sear. Repeat until all are done and pan fry until golden.
- Then spray a large deep baking tray with frylight and place all the tray bake vegetables in the baking dish, followed by the chicken thighs on top.
- Next, blitz all the Slimming World chilli sauce ingredients in a mini food processor and drizzle over the chicken.
- Add the rosemary on top, then spray everything with more oil spray and bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.