- 1/2 whole celeriac diced
- 1/2 whole butternut squash diced, not peeled
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 cloves garlic skins left on
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 stockpot peppercorn Or a generous amount of pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil (or frylight)
- 1 stock cube vegetable
- 1.5 cups cold water
- 320 g whole wheat spaghetti *(80g per person) OR 120g fusilli if doing a pasta bake instead
- 80 g feta cheese, cubed (garnish) *(20g per person)
- 2 tbsp walnuts crushed
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
To make an alternative Pasta Bake, add:
- 10 rashers bacon fat removed and cut in to bit size pieces
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt fat free
- Splash water
- 125 g mozarella sliced
Preheat your oven on gas mark 4.
Place all the ingredients in a large roasting dish and mix in the seasoning, peppercorn stockpot and coriander and roast for 1 hour.
40 minutes in, cook the pasta and set aside.
Now the vegetables are cooked, stir in a vegetable stockpot and whiz in a blender along with the water.
Pour over the spaghetti and place all the garnishes on top and drizzle the oil.
To make a Pasta Bake instead
Grilled the lean bacon and cut up into bitesize pieces and mixed it into the sauce.
Cook and stir in the fusilli, yoghurt, a splash of water and layered othe mozzarella slices on top.
Grill until the cheese has melted and enjoy!
Calories: 743kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 811mg | Potassium: 443mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Vitamin C: 2.8mg | Calcium: 354mg | Iron: 3.8mg